Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I didn't hear no fat lady!

If it's true that it ain't over till the fat lady sings, then I still have time to blog in 2012 cuz I don't hear her! The New Year began with a promising position as a Staff Development Director, but ended 3 weeks later when I resigned due to ethical concerns. I was then hired by a great home health and hospice company in April as Intake Coordinator Nurse, then laid off in July due to a reduction in force. I exhausted all my unemployment thru all this, and here it is October and I am still struggling.  I'm grateful for family, or I'd be homeless.
 I became an aunt for the 13th time to little Addisyn "Sweet Pea" Elizabeth Bylund in August.  She's beautiful. I wish they lived closer! 
My sweet Nugget and sister Haili moved to Washington in July for her husband's job. My heart broke.  I was especially close to Caden and thank goodness for Skype, or I'd go crazy!
September brought some unpleasant but necessary surgery, and my official "indigent" status according to the hospital's financial aid dept. Too bad I wasn't an immigrant, pregnant, incarcerated, single mom, disabled or recently returned from war or I could have received assistance from the very fund I have paid into my whole working life!  Again, grateful for family. They literally have saved me!
Hopefully 2012 will end with things headed in the right direction!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hang in there Steph. The only way to go now is up! I wish you the best. You are such a sweet friend and sister in law. Love you, Heidi